3rd ANNUAL RURAL MARKET GROWTH STRATEGY SUMMIT 2019
Rural marketing involves addressing over 700 million potential consumers and over 40 percent of the Indian middle income. Making it no wonder, that the rural markets have been a vital source of growth for most companies. For a number of FMCG companies in the country, more than half their annual sales come from the rural market.
Indian rural economy is getting stronger. According to Nielsen's survey the rural market for FMCG is Rs 65,000 crore, durables 5,000 crore, and clothing and footwear Rs 35,000 crore, was as large as Rs 1,05,000 crore in 2008. Certainly, the size is much bigger now. According to Nielsen, by 2025, the rural FMCG sales is estimated to reach $100 billion from the current $12 billion.
Rural financial services are the fastest growing segment on account of large untapped potential driven by the very low penetration in rural market. Today, only around 41% of rural households have formal savings accounts and 20% alone have access to credit from banking system. Hitherto, major share of bank credit flown to farm sector that too production loans. The presence of increased middle income group in rural area demands credit facilities on par with Urban people and providing ample opportunities to the banks to extend credit to non farm sector also.
Even though the reach is expansive, an in-earth hurdle of inadequate support from the financial institutions remains a gap to be bridged, as deficiency of credit will not enhance any business.
Over the last couple of years, the Rural Market Growth Strategy Summit has opened doors for interaction with market experts through exclusive formats of discussion, presentation and well-designed content creating a benchmark for concrete thoughts and fresh ideas to nourish the market expansion.
The 3rd Annual Rural Market Growth Strategy Summit 2019 will explore ways by which industries can find success in the rural market, by understanding distribution models of durable companies, controlling counterfeiting products, evaluating corporate SHG linkage and others to achieve ideal strategies for rural marketing.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Understanding the key principles of rural marketing in today's business context
- Exploring the future of rural marketing, what to expect of the future and identify upcoming trends
- The impact of digital, data, and AI on various aspects of rural outreach
- Enhancing business landscape of banking and credit services in rural India
- Advances in advertising and sales promotion in rural India
- How Indian start-ups are counting on rural reach to boost e-commerce
- The revolution of influencer marketing to accelerate rural sales growth
- How collaborative rural marketing helps in entering and making a strong base in rural marketing
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- India's most relevant conference focusing on innovations in growth strategy for the rural sector
- Explore the current trends in rural marketing
- Networking with the rural market gurus
- Case studies by leading companies who made it big in the rural market
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Chiefs and HODs from:
- Marketing & Sales
- Rural Business
- Product Marketing
- Business Development
- Advertising & Communication
- Business Analysis & Planning
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Consumer Durables